“As I have loved you, so you must love one another” (John 13:34). Jesus is the ultimate expression of love. When Jesus asks us to love as He loves, let’s think about the way He loved and served others as we make this Valentines kids’ craft. Through serving, Jesus humbled Himself and gave up His own desires—and, in this way, showed how much He loved those around Him. What would it look like for your family to model this kind of love through service? Find ways this month to go above and beyond in love. As you love one another, take time to record those moments so your family can celebrate the ways you’re living and loving like Jesus.
Valentines Kids’ Craft: What you’ll need
– Heart cutouts (use templates downloadable from dcc.is/actsoflove)
– Large vase or jar
– Pencil or pen
– Markers or colored pencils (optional)
What you’ll do:
1. Cut out at least one dozen hearts of different sizes.
2. Optional: Decorate one side of the hearts by coloring or drawing on them.
3. Find a place in your house to place the hearts, a pen, and the vase. Throughout the month of February, whenever someone sees a family member doing something loving, she should write that on a heart and place it in the vase. At the end of the month, hold a love celebration! Dump out the hearts and read all of the great ways your family exhibited love throughout the month.