YIELDS: 6–8 servings PREP TIME: 55 min.
* For an easy metric conversion chart, search the Internet for “metric kitchen.”
Allow your kids to help you layer this delicious trifle. As you work together, share with them all the ways God has lavishly layered His love upon us. Remind them that there is nothing we can do to separate us from God’s love. And it is out of His great love for us that He corrects our courses and restores us.
What You’ll Need to Make Strawberry Trifle Brownie:
• 1 package brownie mix, made according to package directions
• 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
• 1 (8 ounce) container frozen extra-creamy whipped topping, thawed
• 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
• 1 quart fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled, and halved
• 2 chocolate-covered toffee bar
What You’ll Do to Make Strawberry Trifle Brownie:
1. Cut brownies into 1-inch squares.
2. In large bowl, combine pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth.
3. Fold in 8 ounces of the extra-creamy whipped topping until no streaks remain.
4. In trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half the brownies.
5. Then, layer half the pudding mixture, half the strawberries, and half of the 16-ounce container of whipped topping.
6. Repeat layers.
7. Chop toffee bars onto top layer for garnish.
8. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.