If you’ve never made cookie-pops, you are in for a treat! These cookie-pop Star Wands can help remind your children that they are sons and daughters of the Most High King.
Use your favorite sugar cookie recipe, or use ours!
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 7–9 minutes Yields: 3 dozen 2.5″ cookies
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 1 cup salted butter
• 1 1⁄21/2 cup powdered sugar
• 1 egg
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
• 2 3/4–3 cups flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 36 lollipop sticks
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The trick to cookie pops is rolling out your cookie dough a little thicker than you usually do.
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Cream together butter and powdered sugar.
3. Mix in egg and vanilla.
4. Blend in flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Mix until the dough forms a ball.
6. Roll out 1/4″ thick on floured surface and cut with star- shaped cookie cutter.
7. Set cookies on a cookie sheet in the fridge for about 10 minutes. The chilled dough is easier to work with than soft dough.
8. Then, simply slide a lollipop stick into the bottom of the cookie shape, stopping about halfway up the cookie.
9. Arrange the cookie-pops on a cookie sheet and bake at 400° F for 7–9 minutes, until cookies are golden brown.
10.Cool completely before icing.