Prep Time: 15 min. Total Time: 2 hrs. Yields: 16 serving
What You’ll Need to Make Snowball Cake:
• 1 package devil’s food cake mix (plus ingredients on cake mix box to prepare according to directions)
• 1 package (8 ounces) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1 package (3.4 ounces) JELL-O vanilla flavor instant pudding
• 1/4 cup powdered sugar
• 1 cup cold milk
• 1 tub (8 ounce) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
• 1 cup Baker’s Angel Flake coconut
* For an easy metric conversion chart, search the Internet for “metric kitchen.”
What You’ll Do to Make Snowball Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare cake batter according to directions in a 2-1/2-quart ovenproof bowl; scrape side of bowl.
3. Beat cream cheese, egg, and granulated sugar until blended; spoon into center of batter in bowl.
4. Bake 1 hour 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool cake in bowl for 10 minutes. Loosen cake from bowl with knife; invert onto wire rack. Remove bowl. Cool cake completely.
6. Meanwhile, beat pudding mix, powdered sugar, and milk in bowl with whisk for 2 minutes.
7. Stir in Cool Whip. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
8. Place cake on plate or cake stand and allow your kids to frost with pudding mixture and cover with the coconut.