Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 4 1/2 hours Yields: 20 sliders
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 20 Hawaiian sweet rolls
• 1 1/2 pounds (about 3) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
• 1/4 medium onion, grated (with juice)
• 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 8 thinly sliced pieces of your family’s favorite cheese
• 1 tablespoon melted butter
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Stir together all sauce ingredients (BBQ sauce, onion, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar) in slow cooker.
2. Add chicken and turn to coat.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
(Chicken is done when cooked through and easy to shred.)
4. Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred each breast using two forks.
5. Place shredded chicken back in the crockpot and stir to coat with the sauce.
6. Preheat oven to 350° F.
7. Place the bottom halves of the slider buns in a 9″ x 13″ pan.
8. Spoon BBQ chicken meat on top of the buns.
9. Cover the chicken with the cheese slices.
10. Place the top buns over the cheese and brush with a little melted butter.
11. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes; then remove the foil and continue baking for another 5 to 8 minutes.