Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 4 1/2 hours Yields: 20 sliders
What You’ll Need for Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders:
• 20 Hawaiian sweet rolls
• 1 1/2 pounds (about 3) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
• 1/4 medium onion, grated (with juice)
• 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 8 thinly sliced pieces of your family’s favorite cheese
• 1 tablespoon melted butter
What You’ll Do for Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders:
1. Stir together all sauce ingredients (BBQ sauce, onion, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar) in slow cooker.
2. Add chicken and turn to coat.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
(Chicken is done when cooked through and easy to shred.)
4. Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred each breast using two forks.
5. Place shredded chicken back in the crockpot and stir to coat with the sauce.
6. Preheat oven to 350° F.
7. Place the bottom halves of the slider buns in a 9″ x 13″ pan.
8. Spoon BBQ chicken meat on top of the buns.
9. Cover the chicken with the cheese slices.
10. Place the top buns over the cheese and brush with a little melted butter.
11. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes; then remove the foil and continue baking for another 5 to 8 minutes.