We’ve prepared a printable list of skillet cookie ingredients to help include the kids.
Cut the ingredients apart and place the strips of paper facedown on the table. Then have each family member choose a strip and look at the ingredient printed on it. Each person will then be responsible for adding his ingredient to the skillet at the appropriate time. Take special care to follow the steps in order. Don’t leave any out! Then, at the end, you’ll have a delicious skillet-sized cookie.
Skillet Cookie Ingredients
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp.) unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 11/2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
Skillet Cookie Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Melt butter in an eight-inch cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Stir in sugars and vanilla and remove from heat. Let rest until pan is warm but not hot, about five minutes.
- Crack an egg onto the butter and sugar mixture and use a fork to whisk it well into the mixture.
- Place flour, baking soda, and salt on top, and very carefully stir into the mixture until smooth and well-mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chunks or chips.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cookie starts to turn golden on the top and around the edges. It will still be soft in the center.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.