In this month’s issue of HomeFront we share several stories about children who chose to let their lights shine before others. Many of them raised money to support a cause and make a difference. This shadow box bank is a great way to save money together as a family. Choose an organization you want to support and then start gathering your money and donating. With the interchangeable background, you might even consider choosing a different organization each month!
What You’ll Need to Make a Shadow Box Bank:
• 8″ x 10″ shadow box picture frame
• printable art for your background
• drill and small drill bit or Dremel
What You’ll Do to Make a Shadow Box Bank:
1. Create your own 8″ x 10″ background specific to the cause you choose to support, or download our Family Time Verse here: http://bit.ly/juneshadowbox
2. Use the drill and small drill bit or Dremel to create your coin slot.
3. Tape the backdrop to the inside back of the frame.
4. Place the bank in a prominent place in your home and start collecting your donations together.