Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: approx. 1 hour Yields: 15 servings
What You’ll Need for Pumpkin Dump Cake:
• 1 yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup)
• 3/4 cup butter, softened
• 4 eggs
• 1 (29-ounce) can plain pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 cup sugar, divided
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 2/3 cup milk
• 1 cup chopped pecans
* For an easy metric conversion chart, search the Internet for “metric kitchen.”
What You’ll Do to Make Pumpkin Dump Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ pan or dish.
2. Combine the cake mix (less the reserved 1 cup), 1 egg, and 1/2 cup of the butter; mix well. Press mix evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. In a bowl, combine the pumpkin, 3 eggs, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of the white sugar, and milk. Mix well, then pour in an even layer on top of the cake mix.
4. Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
5. While cake is baking, mix together the reserved 1 cup cake mix, 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1 cup pecans.
6. After 30 minutes, remove the cake and sprinkle the topping mixture evenly over the pumpkin mixture.
7. Bake for another 30 minutes, and test for doneness with a toothpick. Pumpkin Dump Cake is done when the toothpick comes out clean!