Pretzel Nuggets Recipe
Children love playing Follow the Leader, especially when their parents are the leaders. With this pretzel nuggets recipe, have your children watch how you dredge the chicken pieces and then follow your lead to create the rest of the nuggets.
Pretzel Nuggets Ingredients:
Prep Time: 20 min.
Bake Time: 30 min.
Yields: 8 servings
1 1/2 c. mini pretzels
1 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. flour
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, beaten
1 lb. chicken breast, cut into 2” pieces your family’s favorite dipping sauce
How to Make Pretzel Nuggets:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray with cooking spray.
3. Combine pretzels, garlic powder, and Parmesan in food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Spread mixture in shallow dish.
4. Pour flour in second dish and season with salt and pepper.
5. Put beaten eggs in third dish.
6. Dredge a piece of chicken—first in flour, then eggs, and then pretzel crumbs.
7. Continue until all pieces of chicken are coated. 8. Spread chicken nuggets on baking sheets. 9. Bake 15 minutes, turn over nuggets, and bake another 15 minutes.