This fun pie pops recipe will be a huge hit at your next faith community gathering. The best part will be that your kids will be able to tell everyone in attendance that they helped make them!
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15–20 min.
Yields: 16–18 2″ pops
PIE POPS RECIPE
- store-bought piecrust dough
- ¼-½ cup all-purpose flour
- canned pie filling (peach, cherry, apple, etc.)
- 6¼ lollipop sticks (available at craft stores, including Wal-Mart)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- coarse sugar or sprinkles for top
- cookie cutters
* For an easy metric conversion chart, search the Internet for “metric kitchen.”
PIE POPS TUTORIAL
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out pie dough on a floured surface about 1/8 inch thick.
- Have your kids cut out shapes (2 matching for each pop) and place them on your baking sheet.
- Allow kids to place about 1 to 2 teaspoons of filling on one cutout, keeping it at least 1/4 inch away from the edges.
- Lay a 6-inch lollipop stick in center of shape, with the top of the stick near the top of the shape.
- Next, have the kids place the matching shape on top and press together gently with their fingers to seal the pieces together.
- Use a fork to crimp edges, being careful to seal edges around the stick. Then poke a fork into the top of the pie pop one time so steam can vent.
- Brush top of pie with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake pies for 15 to 20 minutes until barely golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.