God has given us so much. Let’s give that love away!
Telling someone you love her or that God loves her is wonderful. However, sometimes actions can speak even louder than words. God wants to use us to show His love to others. What a privilege and honor!
Making Love Soup is a fun activity for you to do as a family. As you shop for and assemble this gift, ask God who should receive it—a new mom, a neighbor who doesn’t know Jesus, a single dad, or a family going through a rough season. Allowing your family to think about and pray for someone to bless will give an opportunity for kids to focus on others and see the needs of people around them. After you deliver the Love Soup mix, pray for the recipients and ask God to continue to use you to show His love for them.
This recipe makes one jar of mix, but buying these ingredients in bulk can allow you to make more jars to bless many people. Be sure to purchase enough for your family too!
“Love Soup” Mix
- 1/3 c. beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 c. dried onion flakes
- 1/2 c. dried split peas
- 1/4 c. barley
- 1/2 c. dry red lentils
- 1/2 c. uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 c. tri-colored spiral pasta or enough to fill jar
for an easy metric conversion chart, search the internet for “metric kitchen.”
- Layer the ingredients into a 1-quart canning jar.
- Pack each layer in place before adding the next ingredient.
- Place the pasta in a small plastic bag, and place the bag on the top of previous ingredients.
- Seal the jar and attach a tag to the jar with the cooking directions (this can be as simple or creative as you’d like).