Prep Time: 20 min. Cook Time: 25–30 min. Serves: 8–12
Easy Baked Ziti Ingredients:
16 oz. ziti pasta
16 oz. ricotta cheese
3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
4 links fully cooked Italian chicken sausage (or another sausage of choice)
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 c. red pasta sauce, divided
3/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
Easy Baked Ziti Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Boil pasta until almost al dente; drain.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine pasta, ricotta cheese, and one-and-a-half cups mozzarella cheese.
3. Chop sausage links into bite-size pieces; stir into pasta mixture.
4. Coat bottom of a large baking or casserole dish with extra virgin olive oil.
5. Pour and spread one-and-a-half cups of pasta sauce on the bottom of the dish.
6. Add pasta mixture to baking dish, spreading evenly. Pour remaining sauce over the
7. Cover with the remainder of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbling. Remove from oven and let stand five minutes before serving.