Your kids will love helping you make and assemble these delicious Christmas Dessert Nachos. Whether they are for special guests or just a fun way to celebrate the holiday season with your own family, everyone will remember this creative twist on a classic favorite!
What You’ll Need for Christmas Dessert Nachos:
• 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 1 box (2 crusts) prepared pie dough in a roll
• 1 egg, beaten
• 2 cups fresh raspberries
• 1 to 2 tablespoons water, if needed
• 2 cups cream
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1 cup chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup chopped nuts, peanuts, walnuts, pecans, or almonds
• 1/8 cup grated white chocolate
• 10 to 12 mint leaves
What You’ll Do for Christmas Dessert Nachos:
Encourage your child to help you!
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Mix together 1 cup of the sugar and the cinnamon in a bowl.
4. Unroll the pie dough, brush with egg, and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar.
5. Using a pizza cutter, allow your kids to cut each dough round into 12 to 14 triangle wedges and place them on the prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
7. While the pie-crust chips are baking, puree 1 cup of the raspberries with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 to 2 tablespoons water, if needed, to make a sauce. Set aside.
8. Heat 1 cup of the cream and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla in a small saucepan over low-medium heat until it starts to steam but not boil.
9. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and mix well until combined.
10. To make the whipped cream topping, whisk together the remaining 1 cup of cream, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla in a bowl until light and fluffy.
11. When the pie chips are ready, place half of them on a serving tray.
12. Top with half of the raspberry and chocolate sauces and the rest of the raspberries.
13. Add remaining chips and top with remaining raspberry and chocolate sauces.
14. Sprinkle with grated white chocolate (to look like cheese).
15. Add whipped cream and pecans and place the mint leaves.
16. Serve immediately.