All good stories consist of three parts: the beginning, the middle, and the end. Our stories are no different. Our lives here on earth have a beginning, a middle, and an end. In the beginning, God created us. And He wants to have a relationship with us. The middle is where so many wonderful possibilities lie. And although we have an end, when we have Jesus in our hearts the end here on earth is really a new beginning in eternity.
As you make these three-ingredient Cheese Dogs in a Blanket, chat with your kiddos about their “middles.”What gifts has God given your children to use to honor Him? What dreams do they have for their lives now and for the future? If they can’t think of anything, use the time to point out what you see in them and how God is using them in His big story.
There’s so much potential in your kids! Embrace this opportunity to hear the desires God has put in their hearts and encourage them in all they can accomplish in Christ!
Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 12–15 min. Yields: 8
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 8 hot dogs
• 16 thin strips of cheddar cheese
• 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Slit hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of ends. Insert 2 strips of cheese into each slit.
2. Separate crescent roll dough into triangles. Wrap a dough triangle around each hot dog.
3. Place hot dogs cheese side up on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.