Nothing signals the beginning of fall quite like the smell of apples baking in your home. This Caramel Apple Poke Cake will be a fun dessert for you and your kids to make while filling your home with the fragrance of fall. This is also a tasty treat to give away to a friend or family member!
PREP: 10 min. BAKE: 30 min. TOTAL TIME: 4o min.
* For an easy metric conversion chart, search the Internet for “metric kitchen.”
What You’ll Need to Make Caramel Apple Poke Cake:
• 1 box yellow cake mix
• 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1 can sweetened condensed milk
• 1 jar (11.75 ounces) caramel topping
• 1 tub (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, semi thawed
• 1 cup chopped toffee bar
What You’ll Do to Make Caramel Apple Poke Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, apple pie filling, vanilla extract, cinnamon, eggs, and milk. Mix until just combined.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. While cake is baking, combine condensed milk and caramel topping. Set aside.
7. When cake is done and while it’s still hot, poke holes in it with a straw. This is a perfect job for children of all ages.
8. Pour milk mixture over cake. Allow cake to cool completely.
9. Sprinkle half of chopped toffee bar over cake.
10. Spread whipped topping over the top and then sprinkle with remaining toffee bits.
11. Chill before serving.