Cooking for people I love is one of my favorite ways of serving. It really gives meaning to the phrase “cooking with love” when I get to watch the people I adore enjoy what I made for them. This Brown Sugar Brie appetizer never fails to put a smile on friends’ faces. It is constantly requested at family get-togethers, and is sure to be a crowd pleaser, especially at your Easter brunch!
Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 25 min. Serves: 10–12
What You’ll Need to Make Brown Sugar Brie:
- 1 wheel of Brie cheese (13.4 ounces)
- 2 (11-ounce) cans refrigerated French bread dough
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans
* For an easy metric conversion chart, search the Internet for “metric kitchen.”
What You’ll Do to Make Brown Sugar Brie:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Remove paper wrapper from the wheel of Brie (leave the skin). Place it in the center of a baking dish.
- Form a circle of French bread dough, wrapping it around the Brie.
- With a knife, poke 10 holes in the bread.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the bread.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the bread, and press it into the dough as you go.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the whole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.
- Slice and serve warm.