We sometimes take God’s love for granted. On a grand scale we know that God loves us because He made us, because the Bible tells us He loves us, because Jesus died for us, and so on. However, we often miss out on all of the little ways God communicates His love to us every day. This month, invite your family to become detectives asking the question, “What evidence can I find to help me know God loves me?”
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• vase or container
• a few branches
• colored paper
• twine/string (optional)
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Choose a vase or container and place it in a prominent spot in your home.
2. Go outside and gather branches to put inside your container.
3. Cut out 28 small paper hearts per family member—this will be one heart per day for each person this month.
4. Encourage family members to look for signs that God loves them every day. They might notice a beautiful sunrise or sunset, a song that comes on the radio at just the right time, an encouragement from a friend, a good meal … the possibilities are endless! The idea is to find some small thing that points to the fact that God sees them, cares for them, is providing for them, is with them, etc.
5. At the end of each day, have each person write down the piece of evidence he or she found of God’s love on a paper heart.
6. Tape a piece of twine or string to the back of the heart, tie the ends together, and hang it on a branch. (You could also tape or tie the hearts directly to the branches if you prefer.)
At the end of the month, look back on your heart bouquet as a reminder of all the little ways God showed your family His love over the past few weeks!