I’m not sure why, but anything “bite sized” gets kids excited. Don’t be fooled though: your children will have fun helping you make these delicious treats, but they are not just for kids! Consider making a double batch and taking some to your friends and neighbors with notes telling them why you are thankful for them.
Prep Time: 30 min. Cook time: 15 min. Total Time: 45 min. Yields: 24 pies
* For an easy metric conversion chart, search the Internet for “metric kitchen.”
What You’ll Need for Bite-Sized Pumpkin Pies:
• homemade pie crust or 2 premade, ready-to-roll pie crusts
• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• whipped cream
What You’ll Do for Bite-Sized Pumpkin Pies:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour (or use nonstick cooking spray) a mini-muffin pan. Set aside.
3. Roll the pie crust out on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin.
4. Using a 3-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter cut 24 rounds.
5. Press each round into the minimuffin pan. Pinch the edges to form a fluted crust for each mini pie.
6. Brush egg wash (1 egg whisked with a splash of cold water) to the top edges of each pie crust.
7. Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
8. Add 2 eggs, 1 at a time, beating each until combined.
9. Beat in pumpkin puree.
10. Stir in vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
11. Spoon mixture into each mini pie crust almost up to the top.
12. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden around the edges.
13. Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Pies will be puffy when they come out of the oven, but will sink back down once cooled.
14. Top with whipped cream and lightly sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice before serving.
15. Keep refrigerated.