Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 20 min. Yields: 6 servings
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 12 frozen waffles
• 6 large eggs
• 6 slices of bacon
• 6 slices of cheese
• 3 tablespoons of butter
• salt and pepper
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Place the bacon on a baking sheet and cook for about 10 minutes per side.
3. Butter the bottom of a 9” x 13” baking dish.
4. Whisk the eggs and pour into the prepared dish. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bake eggs for about 15 minutes, or until firm.
6. Once the eggs are cool, cut them into even squares or circles using a cookie or biscuit cutter to fit the size of the waffles.
7. Warm a griddle on medium heat before moving on to the next step.
8. Starting with a waffle on the bottom, add a half slice of cheese, a slice of bacon (halved), the egg, the other half slice of cheese, and top with another waffle. Repeat for all 6 sandwiches.
9. Butter the griddle and cook each side of the waffle sandwiches until golden brown and the cheese melts. (The melted cheese will help hold everything together.)
10. Allow the sandwiches to cool, wrap them individually in freezer paper, and freeze.
11. When you are ready to eat, just heat and enjoy!
To Heat Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Waffles:
• Preheat oven to 375° F.
• Keep the sandwich in freezer paper and defrost for 4–5 minutes in the microwave. Remove the freezer paper and place the sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake for 8–10 minutes in a 375° F oven.