Yields: 4 servings Prep time: 10 min. Cook time: 40 min.
* For an easy metric conversion chart, search the Internet for “metric kitchen.”
What You’ll Need to Make Asparagus Tart:
• 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
• 1 tablespoon honey Dijon mustard
• 4 ounces (about 1 1/2–2 cups) grated Gruyere cheese
• 3/4 pound small to medium asparagus
• 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• salt and pepper
• nonstick cooking spray
• balsamic glaze
What You’ll Do to Make Asparagus Tart:
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears and cut to fit the width of the tart pan. Set aside.
3. Lightly coat the tart pan with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Place the defrosted puff pastry sheet in the tart pan.
5. Using a fork, pierce the dough all around in the center but not on the edges.
6. Bake the pastry dough until golden, about 15 minutes.
7. Remove the pastry shell from the oven, let it sit for a minute or two, and then spread on the honey Dijon mustard.
8. Sprinkle on the cheese.
9. Arrange the asparagus in a single layer over the cheese, alternating ends and tips.
10. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
11. Bake until the spears are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Slice and serve with balsamic glaze.