Enjoy this fun way to eat fall fruit while sharing with your children the ways we can bear spiritual fruit in our lives. Remind them that when we are loving, joyful, peace-filled, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and self-controlled, we model to others what it looks like to be filled with God’s Spirit.
Prep Time: 20 min. Yields: 8 cones
What You’ll Need for Fruit Cones:
• 12 waffle cones
• 1 pound fresh apples, diced
• 1 pound fresh pineapple, diced
• 1 1/2 cups cantelope, diced
• 12 ounces fresh blueberries
• 12 ounces red grapes, halved
• 4 kiwis, peeled and diced
• 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges in juice, drained well and sliced into halves
Honey Lime Dressing
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 teaspoons lime zest (about 2 medium limes)
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
* For an easy metric conversion chart, search the Internet for “metric kitchen.”
What You’ll Do for Fruit Cones:
1. Add all fruit to a large mixing bowl.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, lime zest, and lime juice.
3. Pour dressing over fruit just before serving and toss to evenly coat.
4. Scoop fruit into cones using a slotted spoon so dressing can drain. (Too much dressing will cause the cones to become soggy and leak.)
5. Transfer to a container with a lid and freeze for 6 hours.