Share the love with family and friends by inviting them over for this simple and beautiful summer salad— it feeds twelve and can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator overnight. It’s best served in a clear glass bowl so everyone can see the layers. Feel free to add or subtract ingredients and serve alongside your favorite main dish!
Prep Time: 30 min. Servings: 12
What You’ll Need to Make Summer Salad:
• 2 heads iceberg lettuce, chopped
• 8 ounces baby spinach, washed and dried
• salt and pepper to taste
• 8 hard boiled eggs, chopped
• 16 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
• 4 tomatoes, chopped
• 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
• 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
• 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen peas, partially thawed
• fresh dill for garnish
• 3/4 cup mayonnaise
• 3/4 cup sour cream
• 1 ½ tablespoon. sugar
* For an easy metric conversion chart, search the Internet for “metric kitchen.”
What You’ll Do to Make Summer Salad:
1. In a clear glass bowl, layer salad ingredients in the order they appear above, concentrating ingredients around the perimeter of the bowl and filling in the center with lettuce, if needed. End with the layer of peas.
2. Combine dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well. Pour over the top of the peas and spread to cover, bringing dressing all the way out to the edges of the bowl. Sprinkle with fresh dill.
3. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.