My favorite thing about Christmas (okay, ONE of my favorite things), is the huge opportunity it brings to invite people to church. There is something about the holiday that makes people more open to the idea of coming to church. This provides a special opportunity to show love to people and invite them to hear the good news!
The angels proclaimed the wonderful news of Jesus’ birth and we can follow their lead and proclaim that news to others as well!
Parents, pray and think of someone you want to invite to church this Christmas season and have your kids do the same. The angels were bold in sharing the good news; pray that God would make you bold too!
Use refrigerator sugar cookie dough or make up your family’s favorite sugar cookie recipe. Roll out the dough. Use the free template below to make angel-wing cookies. Ice the cookies with Royal Icing (recipe below), then box them up with an invite to your church’s Christmas service.
Yields: 3 cups of icing
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 3 tablespoons meringue powder
• 4 cups (approximately 1 pound) powdered sugar
• 5 tablespoons warm water
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Beat all ingredients until icing forms peaks (7–10 minutes at low speed with a heavy-duty mixer; 10–12 minutes at high speed with a hand-held mixer).
2. Keep all utensils completely grease-free for proper icing consistency.
• For stiffer icing, use 1 tablespoon less water.
• To thin for pouring, add 1 teaspoon water per cup of Royal Icing. Add 1/2 teaspoon water at a time until you reach proper consistency. Use grease-free spoon or spatula to stir slowly.