Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yields: approx. 20 servings
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1⁄2 1/2 cup chopped almonds
• 2 candy eyes (found in the cake decorating aisle)
• 1 Slim Jim meat stick
• pretzel sticks
• 1 round chocolate candy (such as a Whopper)
• 1 candy corn
• 1–2 teaspoons chocolate chips (or chocolate melts)
* For an easy metric conversion chart, search the Internet for “metric kitchen.”
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Cream the cream cheese until smooth and add in the shredded cheddar cheese until mixed thoroughly.
2. Place this mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap and form it into a ball.
3. Place cheese ball in the refrigerator for a few hours until firm.
4. Take cheese ball out of the fridge and roll it in the chopped almonds, being careful to keep the round shape.
5. Allow your children to press pretzel sticks into the cheese ball along one side to make a full turkey tail.
6. In the microwave, melt a small amount of chocolate chips to “glue” the round chocolate candy to the top of the Slim Jim.
7. “Glue” the eyes and candy corn beak to the round chocolate candy. (Consider placing in the freezer to speed up the “gluing” process.)
8. Insert the Slim Jim into the cheese ball.
9. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
10. Encircle the Turkey Cheese Ball with your children’s favorite crackers and serve.