Most of the time when I’m cooking, I get about halfway through the recipe and start second-guessing everything. Is it supposed to look like this? Did I chop that too small? It smells weird … and so on. But it always brings me such joy when I trust and continue one step at a time until I finish the dish and it’s just as it should be.
Sometimes I feel like that in life too. God, is my life supposed to look like this? Did I handle that right? This circumstance is weird. But when I am trusting God and continuing life one step at a time, I can have confidence in knowing Him and believing His promises for me in this life and beyond.
Enjoy making these Taco Cupcakes, and trust that even when things look messy, they will work out and be delicious!
Prep time: 10 min. Total Time: 30 min. Yields: 18 servings
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 (12 ounce) jar of salsa
• 6 large flour tortillas
• 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
• 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• Cooking spray
• Optional toppings: lettuce, salsa, sour cream, tomatoes, onions, tortilla chips, avocados, salsa
• Muffin tin
• Cup, jar, lid, or biscuit cutter approximately 4 ̋
* For an easy metric conversion chart, search the Internet for “metric kitchen.”
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Spray muffin cups with cooking spray.
3. Brown beef in a pan and drain fat. Add salsa and simmer for five minutes; set aside.
4. Using a cup, jar lid, or biscuit cutter, cut 2 circles from each tortilla.
5. Microwave tortilla circles approximately 15 seconds to warm and then place in muffin tin using a small cup to help press in completely.
6. Layer about 1 tablespoon of refried beans, 1 tablespoon of taco meat, and then 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese.
7. Bake for 18–20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove Taco Cupcakes from tin and top with favorite taco toppings (lettuce, salsa, sour cream, tomatoes, onion, tortilla chips, avocado).