Allow your children to help place the stars on the top of the this fresh and delicious Constellation Cherry Pie once it has cooled. Remind them that God is powerful and strong; He created everything and gives us the responsibility of caring for all He has created!
PREP: 20 min. BAKE: 55 min. YIELDS: 8 servings
* For an easy metric conversion chart, search the Internet for “metric kitchen.”
What You’ll Need to Make Constellation Cherry Pie:
• 1 1/4 cups sugar
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• dash of salt
• 4 cups fresh cherries, pitted
• pastry for double 9″ pie crust
• confectioners sugar
• star-shaped cookie cutters
What You’ll Do to Make Constellation Cherry Pie:
1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt; stir in cherries until
2. Let stand for 30 minutes, then bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
4. Preheat oven to 375° F.
5. Line a 9″ pie plate with the bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge.
6. Fill with cherry filling and bake for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown
and filling is bubbly.
7. Cover edges with aluminum foil for the last 20 minutes to prevent
8. Roll out remaining pastry to 1/8″ thickness.
9. Cut into 8 to 10 large stars, 8 to 10 medium stars, and 8 to 10 small stars.
10. Place stars on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375° F for 8 to 10 minutes.
11. Remove to a wire cooling rack and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
12. Place stars randomly over cooled pie and sprinkle edges of pie with
Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name; by the greatness of His might and because He is strong in power, not one is missing. (Isaiah 40:26 ESV)