There’s just something about cooking a meal outdoors that screams summer! This is a basic foil-packet campfire recipe that can be adjusted and allow you to play around with your favorite combinations of meats, veggies and seasonings. Use our campfire recipe below as a guideline, but don’t be afraid to make adjustments to please your taste buds (or picky campers).
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• smoked sausage, fully cooked chicken or polish
• 4 medium potatoes
• 1 medium onion
• 4 large carrots
• 2 ears corn
• salt and pepper
• canola or vegetable oil
• heavy-duty aluminum foil
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Divide heavy-duty aluminum foil into 4 large squares.
2. Drizzle canola or vegetable oil on the foil.
3. Slice sausage.
4. Peel carrots and cut into large pieces.
5. Wash skin of potatoes and cut into wedges.
6. Chop onion into large pieces and divide into 4 equal parts.
7. Cut corn in half, creating 4 small pieces.
8. Evenly divide all ingredients between foil packets, starting with potatoes on the bottom.
9. Salt and pepper to taste.
10. Wrap and seal the aluminum foil creating packets. Leave room in the packet to allow
air to flow through as it cooks.
11. Cook on hot coals for 15 minutes, flip and cook another 15 minutes.
12. Serve in the foil packets. Open with caution—there will be a lot of steam.