Start with the meatball recipe below or simply buy packaged frozen meatballs. Both options will be delicious and bring a smile to young and old.
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 25 min.
Yields 26–30 meatballs
Brown Sugar Meatball Recipe
For the Meatballs:
• 1 package (2 lbs.) frozen Butterball Sweet Onion Turkey Burgers, thawed (find in your grocery store’s freezer section)
• 1/2 c. Italian-style bread crumbs
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/8 tsp. (or to taste) fresh ground pepper
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
For the Glaze:
• 1/2 c. light brown sugar
• 2 tbsp. white vinegar
• 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
Prepare the Meatballs:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 2. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet; set aside. 3. In a large bowl, combine thawed turkey burgers,
bread crumbs, egg, salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic, and oregano.
4. Using a wooden spoon, mix until well combined.
5. Shape mixture into one-inch balls and place on previously prepared wire rack.
6. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until cooked through.
Prepare the Glaze:
1. In a large, nonstick frying pan, combine brown sugar, white vinegar, and rice vinegar.
2. Add baked meatballs to the pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning meatballs once halfway through cooking and stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from frying pan. 4. Place a toothpick in each meatball for easy serving.
* Here’s an easy metric conversion chart